Physical Therapist - Rehab Services (Part time with no benefits) Job
Date: May 22, 2013
Location: Galveston, TX, US
Job ID: 29978
Business Unit: HOSPT
Full/Part Time: Casual (<=19.99, no schedule)
Master's degree or equivalent in related field and one year related experience. Licensed or eligible for license in the State of Texas.
Directs the evaluation, development, coordination and implementation of physical therapy intervention to patients in order to maximize each patient's functional ability. Serves as a patient advocate assuring the delivery of physical therapy meets legal, ethical and institutional standards while adhering to the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the department and organization.
- - - This is an open-pooled position. Applicants' education/experience will be considered and the position may be filled at a lower or higher level, if appropriate.- - -
This position is working 19 hours or less per week with no benefits.
Specific Job Related Duties
1. Evaluate, treat and discharge planning to patients.
2. Participate in rounds, clinics and case conferences.
3. Monitor service delivery by support personnel.
4. Document patient progress in medical record.
5. Participate/assist in implementing new programs.
6. Delegates duties appropriately to physical therapy assistants and/or Rehab Aide.
7. Supervise students as requested.
8. Participate in Quality Assurance Program.
Preferred candidate will possess Physical Therapy License
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Nearest Major Market: Galveston
Nearest Secondary Market: Houston
Job Segments: Part Time, Rehabilitation, HR, Physical Therapy, Therapy, Healthcare, Human Resources