Physical Therapist II - Rehab Services (up to 19 hrs per week, no benefits) Job
Date: Apr 21, 2013
Location: Galveston, TX, US
Job ID: 30586
Business Unit: HOSPT
Full/Part Time: Casual (<=19.99, no schedule)
Master's degree or equivalent in related field and one year related experience. Licensed or eligible for license in the State of Texas.
Directs the evaluation, development, coordination and implementation of physical therapy intervention to patients in order to maximize each patient's functional ability. Serves as a patient advocate assuring the delivery of physical therapy meets legal, ethical and institutional standards while adhering to the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the department and organization.
- - - This is an open-pooled position. Applicants' education/experience will be considered and the position may be filled at a lower or higher level, if appropriate.- - -
Specific Job Related Duties
- Administers physical therapy treatment to patients relative to age, culture, and condition of patients served by area. (See attached Unit Addendum).
- Documents reports of clinical observation and treatment in the medical record.
- Communicates to patients, peers, family members, students, and team members regarding PT related information.
- Attends/represents Physical Therapy at rounds, clinics, and case conferences.
- Participates in goal setting and discharge planning.
- Delegates duties appropriately to physical therapy aids and monitors service delivery.
- Supervises physical therapy assistant students.
- Involved in the development and implementation of new programs/techniques in area of interest.
- Presents and/or teaches at workshops, in-services, or case presentations.
- Serves as a mentor to staff and students.
- Solves or addresses complex clinical issues.
- Adheres to internal controls established for departments.
- Performs related duties as required.
This position is part time, working 19.99 hours per week or less with no benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Nearest Major Market: Galveston
Nearest Secondary Market: Houston
Job Segments: HR, Rehabilitation, Part Time, Physical Therapy, Therapy, Human Resources, Healthcare