Pharmacy Supervisor - Pharmacy Job
Date: Mar 10, 2014
Location: Galveston, TX, US
Job ID: 32222
Business Unit: HOSPT
Full/Part Time: Full-Time (40 hours)
Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy; 3 years related experience. RPH Licensed or eligible.
To provide direction and coordination of all activities of an assigned area in the department of Pharmacy.
From $104,000 to $156,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is a Band Code PC32.
- Works weekends and shift rotations.
- May be required to work overtime and extended shifts during emergencies.
Must have working knowledge and understanding of USP797 Standards. Competencies across all care areas.
Preferred Work Experience
- Performs all pharmaceutical care and drug distribution duties required of Pharmacist I and II level personnel.
- Supervises and manages the operation of the assigned pharmacy areas, including inventory control, controlled substances record keeping, and maintenance of drug information reference materials.
- Supervises, manages, orients, trains, and evaluates all assigned professional and supportive personnel.
- Addresses problems while participating in various hospital patient care committees.
- Develops and maintains departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures completion of monthly unit audits.
- Prepares personnel work schedules and ensures adequate staffing when absences occur.
- Interviews job applicants for vacant positions.
- Develops proposals for new pharmaceutical care services.
- Prepares work measurement reports and makes budget recommendations to the Director and the Associate Director.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Performs related duties as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Nearest Major Market: Galveston
Nearest Secondary Market: Houston
Job Segments: Pharmacy, Manager, Medical, Patient Care, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Management, Science