Associate Professor or Professor & Chair, Physician Assistant Studies - Sch of Health Job
Date: May 29, 2013
Location: Galveston, TX, US
Job ID: 27975
Business Unit: SHPRF
Full/Part Time: Full-Time (40 hours)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a physician assistant in Texas
- Experience as a faculty member and working as a physician assistant
- Eligible for an appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor level
- Earned MPAS degree or equivalent
Commensurate with experience
Specific Job Related Duties
Curriculum and Instruction:
- Provide leadership and direction to departmental faculty on matters of curriculum and instruction.
- Insure that accreditation standards are met and that best educational practices in the field are known and applied by faculty.
- Develop and apply effective mechanisms for course and curriculum improvement, including periodic surveys of graduates.
Faculty Recruitment, Retention and Development:
- Responsible for faculty Recruitment, retention and development conducting searches for qualified faculty, identifying development needs utilizing appropriate school and institutional resources to address.
- Provide for and document regular and useful faculty evaluation and feedback activities.
Department Administration and Development:
- Develop, maintain and implement recruitment strategies that are sufficient to maintain enrollment at or above program capacity.
- Attend to issues influencing faculty, staff and student morale.
- Ensure compliance with institutional and system personnel policies.
- Provide for regular staff evaluation and development.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to enhance public relations through institutional, local, regional and national media reports, through public appearances and through social interaction.
- Manage expenditures and revenues to create a balanced operational budget.
- Foster and obtain training and research grants sufficient to offset operating deficits.
- Identify and cultivate development opportunities (e.g., donations, grants and bequests for scholarships and endowments; revenue generating activities) in collaboration with UTMB Development and SHP Office of the Dean.
- Be familiar with system, institution and schoolwide policies regarding fiscal and resource management and demonstrate and expect compliance with them.
Schoolwide Participation and Collaboration:
- Foster interdisciplinary participation in education and service.
- Foster and encourage respect for all health care disciplines among faculty, staff and students.
- Actively participate in schoolwide direction-setting and governance.
- Demonstrate leadership by example in service to school, university and community.
Student Recruitment, Selection and Advancement:
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure a continuous stream of highly qualified applicants into the program sufficient to meet or exceed capacity.
- Encourage diversity, equity, and objectivity in student recruitment and selection.
- Foster curricular and instructional approaches that recognize differences in individual learning, that encourage problem solving, and that facilitate the acquisition of competencies and skills in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
Please apply at http://www.utmb.edu/hcm/ job opening # 27975
Location: Preferred Education
Earned Ph.D. or equivalent from an accredited institution in a relevant field
Evidence of excellence in communication and interpersonal skills, established record of scholarly accomplishments, solid record of clinical mastery, organizational, and strategic planning skills.
Preferred Work Experience
Record of administrative responsibilities, evidence of extramural funding, evidence of supervisory abilities, evidence of leadership roles.
Nearest Major Market: Galveston
Nearest Secondary Market: Houston
Job Segments: Equity, Medical, Physician Assistant, Curriculum, Academic, Finance, Healthcare, Education