Associate Director of Library Services - Medical Branch Library Job
Date: Aug 23, 2014
Location: Galveston, TX, US
Job ID: 40269
Business Unit: ACDVP
Full/Part Time: Full-Time (40 hours)
Masters degree in Library Sciences or related field and four years related experience.
To support the Associate Vice President of Library Services and Academic Resources by managing day to day library operations of the Public Services and Technical Services divisions on the library. Departments include Reference and Educational Services, Circulation, Document Delivery and Technical Services operations and by supervising department heads.
From $86,400.00 To $138,240.00 Annually
Specific Job Related Duties
- Monitors daily activities including operating procedures, job assignments and building maintenance.
- Administers the human resources management program of the library and oversees the recruitment, retention, and development of the technical and support staff to include but not limited to interviews, hiring, performance appraisals, salary adjustments, reclassifications, training and discipline.
- Compiles management information and prepares reports.
- Represents the library on appropriate committees.
- Shares with the AVP the control of selected annual operating expenditures.
- Serves as a member of the library’s management and planning groups.
- Works with the AVP in planning space alBusiness Units and renovations.
- Works with the AVP in determining library policies and in defining procedures and roles.
- Works with the AVP in setting goals and in preparing library budget and other funding requests.
- Assists in strategic planning activities.
- Provides assistance in setting goals and in interpreting library policies and in implementing operating procedures.
- Works with department heads to coordinate departmental activities.
- Evaluates departmental performance and the performance of department heads in meeting operational goals.
- Represents the Library on appropriate institutional, regional and national committees.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls for department, provides mechanism to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Acts on behalf of the AVP on library services matters in the AVP’s absence.
- Performs related duties as requested by AVP.
MLS degree from ALA accredited institution and five to eight years of related experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Nearest Major Market: Galveston
Nearest Secondary Market: Houston
Job Segments: Manager, Medical, Genetics, Library, Strategic Planning, Management, Healthcare, Science, Records, Strategy